The school is founded by an Association, which is governed by the School Council consisting of 7 Members and 1 Associate Member who are elected at a General Meeting from among the members of the Association (parents). Each Council member serves for a two years term contributing to our school with the expertise and experience that they bring from their own professions.
The competence of the ISR School Council Members is defined in the Articles of the Association and Governance Handbook.
The role and responsibilities of ISR Meeting of Representatives Members are described fully in the ISR Association Statutes.
The principal responsibilities of the School Council are:
- To hire and evaluate the School Director;
- To oversee the initiation, development, and evaluation of the 4-year strategic planning cycle;
To attend other fiduciary duties, such as:
- To review enrolment fees, yearly membership fees, and all other related costs for upcoming 2 (two) School years and to propose these for approval at General Meeting;
- To approve the Association’s 12 (twelve) months budget and any changes to the budget taking into consideration yearly membership fees approved by General Meeting;
- To appoint and dismiss a sworn auditor;
- To oversee and evaluate the implementation of the decisions of the General Meeting, to decide on strategic issues of the Association, and to prepare reports for review at the meetings of members.