All secondary students are required to participate in ISR’s M&S programme which is alloted a weekly, scheduled, time slot. The M&S programme starts in August of every school year and all ideas are student-generated. Once a semester there is an M&S Sharing session where students share their evidence and reflections from the semester.
Throughout the semester students are expected to achieve the following aims and goals:
- Demonstrate commitment to local and global communities and adhere to responsibilities towards each other and the environment.
- Explore new possibilities, embrace new challenges and become leaders and creators;
- Enjoy and find significance in a range of M&S Student Groups & Activities;
- Purposefully reflect upon and learn from their experiences;
- Identify goals, develop strategies and determine further actions for advancement within the ISR and Latvian communities;
Creativity, activity, service (CAS) is one of the three essential elements that every student must complete as part of the Diploma Programme (DP).
CAS enables students to enhance their personal and interpersonal development by learning through experience. It provides opportunities for self-determination and collaboration with others, fostering a sense of accomplishment and enjoyment from their work.
Primary Community Work
More information will follow