10 reasons to choose this for the last two years of your high school education:
1. “It increases academic opportunity”. Research* shows that DP graduates are much more likely to be enrolled at top higher education institutions than entrants holding other qualifications. (*Based on IB research)
2. “IB students care about more than just results”. Through creativity, action, service (CAS) you learn outside the classroom and develop emotionally, ethically and intellectually.
3. “It encourages you to become a confident and independent learner”. For example, the extended essay requires independent research through an in-depth study.
4. “It’s an international qualification”. The DP is recognized globally by universities and employers.
5. “Graduates are globally-minded”. Language classes encourage an international mindset, key for increasingly globalized societies.
6. “IBDP students have proven time management skills”. IBDP graduates learn how to study effectively and to manage their time. They carry these skills with them into further education and ultimately the working world.
7. “It assesses more than examination techniques”. Learn to understand, not just memorize facts or topics and prepare for exams.
8. “Subjects are not taught in isolation”. Theory of Knowledge (ToK) classes encourage you to make connections between subjects.
9. “It encourages breadth and depth of learning”. You are able to choose courses from six subject groups and study subjects at different levels.
10. “It makes you think”. The ToK element in all subjects encourages critical thinking and problem-solving.
IBDP ISR HANDBOOK (.PDF)